Computer security is of the utmost important and from time-to-time, you should change the password with which you log into your MacBook. This helps ensure device security. If you are using a brand new MacBook that you have received through Dornsife Technology Services, you were issued a temporary password that you should change as soon as possible.
You can change your password by completing the following steps.
- Select the Apple menu, located in the upper left corner. A drop-down menu displays.
- From the drop-down menu, select System Preferences… The System Preferences screen displays.
- Select Users & Groups. The Users & Groups screen displays.
- Select Change Password… The Change Password screen displays.
- Enter your initial password in the Old password field.
- Enter your new password in the New password field.
- Enter your new password again in the Verify field.
- Select the Change Password option.
Your password is now changed. Repeat these steps at any time to change your password.