Workday records personal and professional information for USC employees. From within Workday, you can update your mailing address, phone number, and other relevant pieces of information. You can also update your primary work email address. It is not uncommon for faculty and staff to have multiple email addresses, or to receive a new email address due to a life event. Faculty and staff are encouraged to review which email address is set as your primary work email address. If you need to change your primary email address, complete the steps below.
|Only valid USC email addresses can be used as a primary work email address. Organizational accounts cannot be set as a primary work email address.|
Changing Your Primary Work Email Address in Workday
Complete the steps below to change your primary work email address in Workday.
- In a web browser, navigate to http://employees.usc.edu.
- Select the Workday icon located in the middle of the screen. A login page displays.
- Enter your USC NetID and the corresponding password into the appropriate fields. You will be prompted to authenticate your identity with Duo.
- After authenticating with Duo, the Workday dashboard displays.
- Select Personal Information from the Workday dashboard. The Personal Information menu displays.
- Select Contact Information from the menu listing. Your personal and work contact information display.
- Select the Edit button, located on the top, left side of the screen. The Change Contact Information screen displays.
- Locate the section entitled Work Contact Information.
- Locate the sub-section that is entitled Primary Email.
- Select the Pencil icon inside the Primary Email section. The Email Address field becomes active.
- Enter the email address you want to be your primary work email address. This must be a valid USC email address. You cannot set an organizational or resource account as your primary work email address.
- After you have finished editing your primary work email address, select the check mark icon (see image in step 10) at the top of that section to finalize your changes.
- Select the Submit button, located at the bottom of the screen, to save your changes to Workday.
Your changes have been saved. Repeat these steps to change your primary work email address, as is appropriate.