Solstice provides the ability to present content on your workstation or mobile device wirelessly to a group of participants. As long as the device has a WiFi connection, you can wirelessly project the screen of your workstation or mobile device to a central meeting screen. This document explains how to accomplish basis tasks within the Solstice app for iOS devices.
There are two roles in a Solstice session: the host and participant(s). The host computer is the workstation that is hosting the meeting. The host computer initiates the Solstice session and facilitates the meeting. A participant is an individual that may or may not be wirelessly projecting via Solstice during the session. If you are simply watching a presentation via Solstice, you would be non-projecting participant. If you are presenting using Solstice, then you would be a projecting participant during the session.
Downloading the Solstice App for iOS Devices
Complete the following steps to download the Solstice app for iOS devices.
- On your iOS device, launch the App Store. The App Store icon will appear similar to the image below.
- In the Search field, enter Solstice.
- Tap the Search option. The search results display.
- Tap the GET option for the Solstice Client. The app will begin to download.
- When the app finishes downloading, the OPEN option displays.
The Solstice app is now downloaded and ready for use.
Using the Solstice App for iOS Devices
Complete the following steps to use the Solstice app.
- Locate the Solstice app icon on your device’s desktop. It may appear similarly to the image below.
- Tap the Solstice Client icon. The app displays.
- Enter your name in the Enter your name to get started field.
- After you enter your name, tap the Continue option. The Solstice dashboard displays.
- Tap the Enter IP tab. The Enter IP tab displays.
- Enter the IP address of the Solstice host session to which you want to connect.
- After entering the IP address, tap the Go option. Solstice will prompt you for the Screen Key.
- Enter the Screen Key in the appropriate field. The Screen Key is displayed on the Solstice host computer screen.
- After you enter the Screen Key, tap the OK option. Solstice will connect your iOS device to the Solstice host session and the dashboard will display new options.
- Tap the Mirror Screen option. Mirroring Instructions display.
- In order to project your device’s screen, you will need to use Apple’s AirPlay functionality. Swipe up from the bottom of your device to display the Airplay option. An example is shown below.
- Tap AirPlay Mirroring. A menu of devices to which you can connect via AirPlay displays.
- Tap the name of the Solstice host session from the menu. A Mirroring slide bar may display, depending on the version of iOS your device is running. iOS 10 or later users will not see this option. Your device’s screen will begin projecting to Solstice.
- If the Mirroring slide bar displays, slide the bar to the right to enable mirroring. Your device’s screen will begin projecting to Solstice.
- Tap the Solstice app, located behind the AirPlay menu, to bring the app to the foreground, so that you may begin working with the app again. The Solstice dashboard is displayed.
- You can now select to share a Media File, the device’s Camera, or Take a Video. Tap one of these choices to begin projecting the desired option.
Repeat these steps to use your iOS device in conjunction with Solstice.
Ending Solstice Sharing on Your iOS Device
To end a Solstice session on your iOS device, tap the Disconnect option, located in the right corner of the Solstice app. Your Solstice sharing session will be ended.