Managed Software Center is an application that provides Information Technology specialists and departments with the ability to manage hundreds of workstations simultaneously. What does that mean? Simply put, Managed Software Center allows your IT department to deliver software updates, patches, and security policies to all computers that are connected to the network, simultaneously. Managed Software Center requires very little interaction from a user perspective. Managed Software Center is installed on your system and delivers the system updates, as needed.
Before you can begin using Managed Software Center, you must enroll your device(s) in System Manager. System Manager provides valuable device management information and capabilities to Dornsife Technology Services technicians. This is a two-step process that you must complete in the order indicated below.
Complete the following steps to enroll your device in Software Manager and download Managed Software Center.
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://m.meraki.com. The Setup screen displays.
- Enter your network ID into the field. Your network ID is: 065-075-3665.
- After entering your network ID, select the Register button. The Credentials screen displays.
- Enter your USC NetID in the Username field. Your USC NetID is the portion of your email address that appears before the @ symbol. For example, if your USC email address were email@example.com, your USC NetID would be jdoe.
- In the Password field, enter your Dornsife password. This is the password with which you log into your Dornsife-managed computer.
- Next, select the Login button. Your setup information is verified and registration is completed.
- System Center will now enroll your device in the system and make initial changes to your computer. The Install Meraki Management screen displays.
- Select the Continue button. You will be prompted to install the Meraki Management profile.
- Continue the enrollment and configuration process by selecting the Install button. You will be prompted to enter your username and password.
- Enter your username and password. This is the information with which you log into your Dornsife-managed computer.
- Select the OK button. You will be prompted to continue the profile installation.
- Select the Continue button. The Profiles screen displays.
- Next, open a web browser, navigate to http://mydornsife.usc.edu and log into the myDornsife portal.
- After the portal displays, select Download Software from the Personal Tools section of the screen. The Download Software screen displays.
- Select the Download link adjacent to Mac OS Managed Software Center. The package file will begin to download.
- After the download completes, double-click the package file to begin the installation. The package file is, most likely, located in your Downloads folder. The Introduction screen displays.
- Select the Continue button to be guided through the installation process. Next, you will be prompted to verify the location to which the application will install.
- Select the Continue button. The Installation Type screen displays.
- Select the Install button to continue. You will be prompted for your username and password.
- Enter the username and password with which you log into your Dornsife-managed computer.
- Select the Install Software button. A notification screen displays.
- The notification screen informs you that your computer will need to reboot after the installation completes. Select the Continue Installation button.
- The installation is complete. Select the Restart button to reboot your computer.
- After your computer reboots, select the Managed Software Center icon, located in the dock.
- Launch Managed Software Center. Managed Software Center will check for updates the first time the application launches.
- Select the Update button to install the required Managed Software Center program updates.
- A final reboot must occur in order to complete the installation process. Select Log out and update. Your computer will reboot.
The setup and installation process is now complete. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any issues.