USC Google Drive offers USC faculty, staff, and students, an unlimited storage capacity. Google Drive File Stream automates the syncing of the files on your computer with the cloud. This document explains how to install File Stream on your Macintosh computer.
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://support.google.com/a/answer/7491144?hl=en. The Deploy Drive File Stream page displays.
- Scroll down to step 4 on the Deploy Drive File Stream page. You will see two expandable sections: one labeled Windows and the other labeled Mac. Select the downward pointing arrow next to the Mac option.
- Select the Download now option for the appropriate operating system. File Stream will begin to download.
- When the installation file has finished downloading, locate the file and double click it with your mouse. The file should be located in your Downloads folder.
- A brief check to determine if your computer can run the File Stream installation will be performed before the installation begins. Select the Continue option to proceed with the check.
- After the check is performed and the computer meets all the requirements, the installation will begin. Select Continue. You will be prompted to select an installation type.
- Select Install. You will be prompted for your computer username and password.
- Enter your computer username and password, and then select Install Software. The installation will continue.
- As the installation continues, the Sign in to Google Drive page displays.
- Enter your full USC email address in the Email field and then select the Next option. The USC login page displays.
- Enter your USC NetID and the corresponding password. You will receive the Duo Two Factor Authentication prompt.
- After completing the Duo authentication process, the Google Drive File Stream installation completes.
- Select the Close option. You will be prompted to move the installation files to the Trash.
- It is recommended that you select the Move to Trash option as the installation files are no longer needed.
The Google Drive File Stream installation is now complete. Complete the steps to install Google Drive File Stream on additional computers.