USC Google Drive offers USC faculty, staff, and students, an unlimited storage capacity. Google Drive File Stream automates the syncing of the files on your computer with the cloud. This document explains how to install File Stream on your Windows computer.
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://support.google.com/a/answer/7491144?hl=en. The Deploy Drive File Stream page displays.
- Scroll down to step 4 on the Deploy Drive File Stream page. You will see two expandable sections: one labeled Windows and the other labeled Mac. Select the downward pointing arrow next to the Windows option.
- Select the Download now option for the appropriate operating system. File Stream will begin to download.
- When the installation file has finished downloading, locate the file and double click it with your mouse. The file should be located in your Downloads folder.
- After double clicking the File Stream installation file, the installation process begins by confirming you want to install File Stream.
- Select the Install option. You may be prompted to enter your computer’s username and password by Windows User Access Control.
- After File Stream finishes installing, select the Close option.
Google Drive File Stream is now installed. Repeat these steps to install File Stream on additional computers.