Meraki Systems Manager for iOS devices is an application that provides Information Technology specialists and departments with the ability to manage hundreds of tablets and other mobile devices, simultaneously. What does that mean? Simply put, Meraki Systems Manager for iOS devices allows your IT department to deliver software updates, patches, and security policies to all computers that are connected to the network, simultaneously. Meraki Systems Manager for iOS devices requires very little interaction from a user perspective. Meraki Systems Manager for iOS devices is installed on your system and delivers the system updates, as needed.
You will need to download the Meraki Systems Manager for iOS devices from the Apple App store, and then enroll in the service. The steps to complete the download and enrollment, are below.
- Open your browser and navigate to http://m.meraki.com. The Meraki Systems Manager website displays.
- You will be prompted for your Network ID. Enter 065-075-3665 in the appropriate field.
- Select Register, located at the bottom of the screen. The Meraki SM Setup page displays.
- You will be prompted for your login credentials. Enter your USC NetID in the Username field. Your USC NetID is the portion of your email address that appears before the @ symbol. For example, if your USC email address were firstname.lastname@example.org, your USC NetID would be jdoe. In the Password field, enter your Dornsife password. This is the password with which you log into your Dornsife-managed computer.
Enter your login credentials and then select the Login button. The Install Profile screen displays.
- Select Install, located on the right side of the screen. The installation continues.
- You will receive a confirmation that you want to install the profile before it continues the installation process. Select the Install button to continue. The installation process continues.
- Before the installation can proceed to the next step, you will be prompted to enter your lock code. Enter your security lock code. If you do not have a lock code, skip to the next step. The Mobile Device Management screen displays.
- The Mobile Device Management screen displays a message regarding the actions that DTS staff will be able to take, as a result of installing the profile. DTS will only use the profile to send updates to your device or erase the device if you report it lost or stolen. Select Install, located at the top of the screen. The profile installation completes.
- The application begins to download to your iOS device. You will receive a confirmation message before the application installs. Select the Install option. The installation continues.
- The application installs. An icon, similar to the following, appears on your iOS device.
- Tap the Meraki MDM icon to open the application. The application begins the configuration process.
- You will be prompted to accept or deny push notifications from the application. Push notifications provide a way for system alerts and lost device messages to be sent to your iOS device. Select the OK option. The next configuration option is displayed.
- Meraki MDM will prompt you to allow location services to run in the background process on your device. This provides the ability to locate the device, if lost. Select the Allow option.
The setup and installation processes are now complete. Your device will now receive policy updates and licensed applications from DTS.