Your personal iTunes account can be linked or associated with your USC email address. By associating your personal iTunes account with your USC email address, you acquire the ability to have Dornsife licensed apps assigned to your linked accounts. This means that iOS apps that you might normally have to pay to acquire are provided to you under Dornsife Technology Service’s license, free of charge. Dornsife Technology Service and USC do not gain access to your iTunes account through the linking process.
To link your iTunes account with your USC email address, complete the following steps.
- Contact email@example.com or 213-740-2775 and request to have your accounts linked.
- Next, check your USC email account. You will receive an email that contains a hyperlink that you must select in order to complete the linking process. An example of the email is shown below.
- Select the hyperlink contained within the email. You will need to be using an iOS device or a computer workstation that has iTunes installed. iTunes displays.
- iTunes will prompt you to sign into your iTunes account with your personal Apple ID and password. Dornsife Technology Services does not have access to your Apple ID and password and cannot assist you if you cannot remember your credentials. Contact Apple support if you have forgotten your Apple ID and password.
- Sign into your iTunes account.
- If this is the first time you have logged into your iTunes account on this device, you may receive a message stating that this device has not been used with your iTunes account before, and you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password again.
- iTunes will complete the linking process and display a confirmation message similar to the following.
- Select the Done button.
The linking process is complete. You will now have access to Dornsife licensed apps.