USC Dornsife faculty, staff, and grad students (undergrads in special circumstances) have access to services and software that are offered by Dornsife Technology Services. In order to access these services, you will need to have a Dornsife Account. Dornsife Accounts are free. You will need to apply for a Dornsife Account by submitting the account application. Use this guide to assist you in applying for a Dornsife Account and knowing when you will utilize your Dornsife Account versus when you will use your USC NetID.
Note: If you changed your NetID password or Dornsife Account password on or after March 11, 2019, your two passwords are now synchronized to be a single password. If you have not changed either of your passwords on or after March 11, 2019, then you still have two separate passwords. Even though the passwords are synced, you will still need to have a Dornsife Account in order to access the services listed below.
Applying for a Dornsife Account
Complete the following steps to apply for a Dornsife Account.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Request a New Dornsife Account page.
- Complete the online application for a Dornsife Account.
When your account has been created, you will be emailed your Dornsife Account user ID and temporary password.
When and Where to Use Your USC NetID
You will use your USC NetID username and password to access the following services and features.
- Office 365
- Accessing Shibbolized pages.
- Google Apps @ USC
- Secure wireless
When and Where to Use Your Dornsife Account
You will use your Dornsife Account username and password to access the following services and features.
- Logging into your Dornsife-managed device (desktop, laptop, and some tablets).
- Accessing your department’s shared storage drive (the G: drive).
- Accessing your personal storage drive (the U: drive).
- Accessing Dornsife-licensed software.