Systems Manager for Android devices is an application that provides Information Technology specialists and departments with the ability to manage hundreds of tablets and other mobile devices, simultaneously. What does that mean? Simply put, Systems Manager for Android devices allows your IT department to deliver software updates, patches, and security policies to all computers that are connected to the network, simultaneously. Systems Manager for Android devices requires very little interaction from a user perspective. Systems Manager for Android devices is installed on your system and delivers the system updates, as needed.
You will need to download the Systems Manager for Android devices from the Google Play store, and then enroll in the service. The steps to complete the download and enrollment, are below.
- Open the Google Play store. The icon is located on your device’s desktop.
- After the Google Play store displays, perform a search for Meraki Systems Manager or Systems Manager.
- Select Meraki Systems Manager from the search results. The Meraki Systems Manager Google Play application page displays.
- Select the Install button. The application begins to download to your device and the installation progress is displayed.
- When the application has finished installing, select the Open button to launch the application. Meraki Systems Manager displays.
- After the Meraki Systems Manager application displays, select the ENROLL button.
- You will be prompted for your Enrollment Code. Enter 065-075-3665 in the appropriate field.
- Press Enter on your device keyboard.
- You will be prompted for your login credentials. Enter your USC NetID in the Username field. Your USC NetID is the portion of your email address that appears before the @ symbol. For example, if your USC email address were email@example.com, your USC NetID would be jdoe. In the Password field, enter your Dornsife password. This is the password with which you log into your Dornsife-managed computer.
- Select the Login button. The installation and enrollment process completes.
- Select the click to enable hyperlink, located in the center of the screen. This enables Systems Manager to correctly function on your device.
- Systems Manager and Device Administration is now enabled.
- An icon for Systems Manager for Android devices now appears on your device desktop.
The setup and installation processes are now complete. Your device will now receive policy updates and licensed applications from Dornsife Technology Services.