After you have installed the AnyConnect VPN application, you are ready to establish a VPN connection with the USC network. Complete the following steps to establish the VPN connection.
- Select the Cisco folder item from the Applications list. A Cisco menu displays.
- Select the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from the Cisco menu. The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client displays.
- The center field designates the VPN site to which you want to connect. Type https://sslvpn1.usc.edu or https://sslvpn2.usc.edu into the field in the center of the screen, similarly to the image shown below.
- Select the Connect button after you enter the VPN URL in the appropriate field. You will be prompted to select a connection group and enter your username and password.
- You must select a Group from the corresponding drop-down menu. Your Group designates the type of location from which you are connecting to the VPN. The menu choices are shown above.
- Home is the recommended Group selection, unless another option is more appropriate. Select the appropriate Group selection from the drop-down menu.
- Next, enter your USC ID in the Username: field. Your USC ID is the portion of your e-mail address that appears before the @ symbol. For example, if your USC e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your USC ID would be jdoe.
- Enter your USC password into the Password: field. This is the password that corresponds to your e-mail account and other services, such as Workday.
- After selecting a Group and entering your username and password, select the OK button. The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client connects to the USC network. An icon similar to the follow appears in the dock on the desktop, and indicates a VPN connection is present.
- The VPN connection is established and you may now access USC resources and files. When you are ready to close your VPN connection, right-click on the AnyConnect icon in the doc, and then select Disconnect or Quit to close the VPN connection.
Repeat this process to install and establish a VPN connection on additional workstations.